About “The Catching Guy”
Todd Coburn, A.K.A – “The Catching Guy” started conducting catcher only events in Northern Nevada back in 2006. Now, 10 years later, he conducts events around the country. Coach Todd is one of the most sought after catching coaches in the world who is known for not only his passion for the position, but also his passion for teaching the position. He is a lifetime catcher who loves spreading the knowledge to anyone who wants to listen and learn. Click on the event schedule to find a location near you or click on the private lessons page to get some one on one and/or small group workouts with Coach Todd!
Coach Todd’s “Catching Bio” –
• Former All-Conference Catcher at Butte Junior College.
• Former catcher and Division II College World Series participant at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
• Drafted twice as a catcher by the Houston Astros.
• Former catcher in the Philadelphia Phillies Organization.
• Former catching coach at Cuesta Junior College, Cal Poly and College of Southern Idaho.
• Founder & President of Gamer Baseball and “The Catching Guy.”
• Over 25 years’ experience coaching catchers.
• Master of Science in Kinesiology.
• Author of: The View From Behind the Mask, Everything you need to know about catching and more.
Our mission is to provide youth athletes the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the game in a fun and safe environment. Our goal is to improve their levels of understanding and skill which might in turn improve their performance and increase their success. It is hoped that through these successes our athletes will gain more confidence in themselves and develop a greater self worth, on the field, at home, in the classroom and in life.